IIT Madras Ph.D. admission process is started July 2023: IIT Madras offers Ph.D. Programs in many disciplines. Interested applicants can apply online from the website http://research.iitm.ac.in or http://www.iitm.ac.in after the release of official information. IIT Madras received Ph.D Admission Online Application Form is now available. The program consists of regular full-time (with/without half-time teaching research support or HTRA) and part-time/external programs in various departments such as applied mechanics, chemical eng., Aerospace eng, biotechnology., Computer science and eng., Civil eng., Electrical eng. Humanities and social, Mathematics, mechanical eng. Engineering Design, Metallurgical and Materials Eng. Design, petroleum eng. Sea English, and Physics.
IIT Madras Ph.D. Admission – Application form
Applicants have to apply online from the official website of IIT Madras on or before the last date of IIT Madras Admission Application From 2023. They are advised to go through the eligibility criteria before starting their IIT Madras Admission Application Process. Aspirants only need to submit their forms online. They are advised to take a printout of the duly filled iitm.ac.in Application Form for further reference.
Minimum educational qualification for IIT Madras Ph.D. admission 2023
Ph.D. in Science
- Master’s degree in science with good academic record and valid GATE score or CSIR-JRF / UGC-JRF / NET / INSPIRE / NBHM.
- Master’s degree in Technology / Engineering or 5 years integrated degree / 5 years BS + MS dual degree / with a good academic record from Centrally Funded Technical Institute.
- Candidates with a 2-year M.Sc. with a minimum grade. IITs (admitted through JAM) are exempted from passing the national-level examinations.
- Students who have M.Sc. Has a CGPA of over 8.0. Admission to a Ph.D. program in science can be taken directly after interviewing at the departmental level in the science departments of IIT Madras.
Ph.D. in Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Technology / Engineering with a Good Academic Record / Master’s Degree in Technology / Engineering with a Good Academic Record / 5 Year Dual Degree in Engineering or Centrally Funded Technical with 5 Year BS + MS Dual Degree A good academic record from the institute.
- Candidates with a 2-year M.Sc with a minimum grade. IITs (admissions through JAM) are exempted from qualifying in national-level examinations.
- Candidates with a master’s degree in science with a good academic record and exceptional qualifications are eligible for related engineering subjects (as accepted by the departments). Candidates should have a valid GATE score or CSIR-JRF / UGC-JRF / NET or equivalent qualification in the concerned field.
- In the case of candidates with a bachelor’s degree in technology/engineering and with more than 5 years of relevant work experience after a master’s degree in technology/engineering, the requirement of test scores may be waived by the selection committee.
Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Master’s Degree / Dual Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline and qualification GATE / UGC – NET or JRF / CSIR-JRF or equivalent qualification prescribed for the current year in the relevant field or Internationally Post Graduate Entrance Examination such as GRE (Non-HTRA )
- Master’s degree in Technology / Engineering or 5 years BS + MS dual degree / Integrated degree with a good academic record from Central Fund Technical Institute for 5 years.
- Minimum 3 years experience in research/industry in lieu of the above examination. (This section is applicable only for non-HTRA candidates)
Ph.D. in Management
- A Masters degree in a relevant discipline or a 2-year PG diploma, and a bachelor’s degree with a good academic record (minimum five years of undergraduate and postgraduate education) or a five-year integrated master’s degree in a relevant discipline with a good academic / Dual Degree or equivalent record
- Qualified in national level exams in lieu of CAT / GATE / UGC-JRF / NET / CSIR-JRF or equivalent or international level post-graduate entrance exams like GMAT / GRE (non-HTRA) or at least 5 years managerial experience Do the above examination. (This section is applicable only for non-HTRA candidates)
- A Master’s degree in Technology / Engineering with a good academic record or a Master’s degree by Research in Technology / Engineering in a relevant subject is exempted from passing the national level examinations.
- MBA or 2-year candidates are exempted from passing PG Diploma in national level examinations with CGPA of 8 and above CGPA.
Qualified applicants possessing minimum educational qualifications and meeting the additional and stiffer criteria prescribed by the concerned departments will participate in the interview/examination by the selection committees of the concerned departments. IIT PHD Applications 2023available online.
Qualification for MATE / M.A / M.Com or equivalent to valid GATE / NET
- 31,000 / – pm First 2 years
- 35,000 / – pm Next 3 years
For M.E / M.Tech or equivalent qualification
- 31,000 / – pm First 2 years
- 35,000 / – pm Next 3 years
|GEN/OBC-NCL Male candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|GEN/OBC-NCL Female candidates||Rs. 50/-|
|PWD candidates||Rs. 50/-|
|SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 50/-|
Steps to implement
- At first, log in the Official website i.e. http://research.iitm.ac.in/
- There should be no empty space in the login name.
- Problems have been reported when using Hotmail ID for registration, so remember this when providing your mail ID.
- After IIT Madras Ph.D. Registration, you will receive a mail containing a link to activate your account.
- Follow the “Apply to Department” menu to fill the application (maximum 3 application per user per application)
- All necessary information must be correct before the final submission.
- As soon as you submit, you will arrive at the payment portal.
- Once you pay the PHD Admission application fee, you will get an application number.
- You will receive an email containing your application.
- If the email is not provided, you need to use the “Apply to Department” menu to download the application.
- Applicants selected for the round of personal interviews will have to bring these documents along with original documents and a printed copy submitted online along with photocopies of the required documents.
Important Dates – IIT Madras Ph.D. Admission 2023
|Registration Form||1st March 2023|
|Application Form Last date of Receipt||30th April 2023|
|Written Test and Interview Dates||–|
|Selected Candidates Joining Date||–|
Important Links for IIT Madras Ph.D. Application Form 2023
|Admission Form||CLICK HERE|
|Official Website||CLICK HERE|
ALSO SEARCH – Sarvodaya School Admission Online Application Form 2023