Any student who is willing to apply for Media24 Community News Internship 2022 can take their change before 20 May because after that they will not accept any application.
This is a great way for passionate candidates to gain solid work experience in this field and receive hands-on training.
If this is something that you can get behind and see yourself benefitting from this internship program, then we strongly recommend that you apply.
Below is a guide on exactly what this internship will expect from you and what you will need to do during the application process.
Deadline for Media24 Internship 2022
|Last date for submitting an application for the Media24 Internship
|20 May 2022
After that, your application will not be accepted
Please ensure that your application is in by then along with any requested support documents that will be required by the organization.
Failure to do so will result in your application being dismissed from the selection process.
Media24 Internship Location
|Worcester, Western Cape
What is Media24?
Media24 is is a print company that is a division of the media company, Naspers. Media24 is responsible for the printing and publishing of newspapers and magazines on behalf of Naspers including online platforms.
The company deals with a variety of mediums from digital media, newspapers, magazines, distribution, printing, e-commerce, job classifieds, and book publishing.
Media 24 is a leading name in its field and is commonly used on the internet and mobile devices throughout the country.
What is The Media24 Community News Internship?
This internship is aimed at budding journalists who want to begin their careers in this field.
Successful candidates will be part of this program for a total of 6 months.
During this time they will need to prove that they have excellent writing skills, especially in both English and Afrikaans.
Apart from this, candidates will also need to carry out the following tasks:
- Write and upload news reports and articles on strict deadlines.
- Adhere to the content standards, quality and style as set out in the publication.
- Do research for articles.
- Upload school news and other community news articles to the system.
- Occasionally attend events, take photos and write articles.
- Supporting role for permanent journalists.
The Media24 Community News Internship requires applicants to meet the following criteria before submitting their applications:
- Applicants must have completed or be currently studying towards a Diploma or Degree in any of these fields: Journalism, Languages, or Media Studies.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and Afrikaans.
- Applicants must be creative.
- Applicants must be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Applicants must have good time management skills.
- Applicants must be able to work independently.
- Applicants must have good listening and questioning abilities.
- Applicants must be willing and able to work irregular hours.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
How To Apply
Applications for this internship are quite simple. All you need to do is complete the online application forms on their official site. You will also need to attach the following support documents:
- An updated CV.
- A certified copy of your ID.
- A certified copy of your Matric certificate.
- A certified copy of your academic record/ transcripts.
- A certified copy of your driver’s license.
Important Links to Apply For Media24 Internship 2022
|Official Site of Media24
|Apply for the Media24 Internship