NDA Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF Download (NDA 1 & 2 Exam): UPSC conducts the National Defence Academy (NDA) Exam every year. The higher officials of the Union Public Service Commission are planning to conduct the exam on the given date. All the applicants can know the UPSC NDA 1 & 2 Exam Syllabus 2022 through this article. So, aspirants who are interested can download NDA Syllabus 2022 PDF from the direct link which is given at the end of this page. Further, the NDA Syllabus 2022 and Exam Pattern that is enclosed here will help you guys in preparing well for the exam. Now know the NDA Syllabus 2022 Maths and NDA GAT Syllabus by moving to the next sections.
The written examination of NDA is usually divided into two papers namely Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). 300 Marks of subjects Mathematics, the time duration is 2 Hours 30 Minutes. Part B will be for 600 Marks for the subject General Ability Test, the total time allocated for the exam is 2 hours and 30 Minutes. One-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty. Now, follow this article entirely to equip yourselves with UPSC NDA 1 & 2 Syllabus/ NDA Syllabus 2022 and start your preparation right away.
NDA Syllabus 2022 – Overview
|NDA 2022 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
||Union Public Service Commission
||National Defence Academy (NDA)
UPSC NDA Syllabus 2022
Are you in confusion to know where to start your preparation for the NDA Exam? then here is an article that can help you know about the Latest NDA Exam Pattern & Syllabus. All applicants can gain maximum marks in the UPSC NDA Exam 2022 by knowing the complete syllabus. For that reason, we provided the NDA 2022 Syllabus and Exam Pattern. The NDA Exam Pattern defines the structure of the question paper, so check it in the below section. And by downloading the UPSC NDA Syllabus 2022 PDF candidates can save the Exam Pattern with Sub Topics of each subject.
NDA Exam Pattern 2022
||2 Hours 30 Minutes
|General Ability Test
||2 Hours 30 Minutes
|SSB Test / Interview
- The Papers in all will consist of objective Type Questions only. The question paper (Test Booklets) of Mathematics and Part-B of the General Ability Test will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hands. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
NDA Mathematics Exam Pattern
|Paper I – Mathematics
|Total No. of Questions
|Marks awarded for Correct answer
|Marks deducted for the wrong answer
NDA General Ability Test Exam Pattern
|Paper-II General Ability Test
|Total No. of Questions
|No. of questions in English Section
|No. of questions in the General knowledge Section
|Maximum Marks for English
|Maximum Marks for G.K.
|Marks for Correct Answer
||4 marks in both sections
|Marks for Incorrect Answer
||-1.33 marks in both sections
NDA SSB Interview Pattern 2022
All the candidates who have been shortlisted in the NDA Written Exam will be qualified to appear for the SSB Interview. Now go through the below section to get an overview of the NDA SSB Interview Pattern.
- Stage 1 – Screening Test (Verbal and non-verbal tests, PPDT)
- Stage 2
- Psychological Test (Thematic Apperception Test (TAT), Word Association Test (WAT), Situation Reaction Test (SRT), Self Description Test (SD))
- Group Testing Officers Test (GD, GPE, PGT, HGT, IoT, Command Task, Snake race/ Group Obstacle Race, Individual lecture, FGT)
- Personal Interview & conference
UPSC NDA Syllabus 2022 – Subject Wise
For the sake of aspirants, we provided the Sub Topics of each subject in NDA Syllabus 2022 PDF. All applicants who are going to participate in the UPSC NDA Exam 2022 must be aware of these Sub Topics. Because all questions in the UPSC NDA Exam 2022 will be asked based on these Sub Topics. So candidates can build a schedule for their test preparation by downloading the NDA 2022 Syllabus PDF. Use the below link to download the NDA Syllabus PDF.
Read Also-AAU Jorhat Recruitment
NDA Syllabus 2022 Maths
||Sets, Venn diagrams, De Morgan laws, Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Real numbers, Complex numbers, Modulus, Cube roots, Conversion of a number in Binary system to Decimals, and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions. Quadratic equations, Linear inequations, Permutation and Combination, Binomial theorem, and Logarithms.
||Concept of a real-valued function, domain, range, and graph of a function. Composite functions, one-to-one, onto, and inverse functions. The notion of limit, Standard limits, Continuity of functions, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative application. Derivatives of sum, product, and quotient of functions, a derivative of a function concerning another function, the derivative of a composite function. Second-order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima
|Matrices and Determinants
||Types of matrices, operations on matrices. Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
|Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
||Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential, and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals—determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves—applications.Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solutions of differential equations, solutions of the first order, and first-degree differential equations of various types—examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.
||Angles and their measures in degrees and radians. Trigonometric ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications-Height and distance, properties of triangles.
||Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude, and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, the addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector, scalar product, or dot product of two vectors. Vector product or cross product of two vectors. Applications—work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems.
|Analytical Geometry Of Two and Three Dimension
||Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. The angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and a general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three-dimensional space, the distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. The angle between two lines and the angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.
|Statistics and Probability
||Statistics: Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution—examples. Graphical representation—Histogram, Pie Chart, frequency polygon— examples. Measures of Central tendency—Mean, median, and mode. Variance and standard deviation—determination and comparison. Correlation and regression.
Probability: Random experiment, outcomes, and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary, and composite events. Definition of probability—classical and statistical—examples. Elementary theorems on probability—simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem—simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binomial distribution.
NDA GAT Syllabus
|Name of the Paper
NDA English Syllabus
||No. of Questions
||No. of Marks
|Ordering of Words in a Sentence
NDA General Knowledge Syllabus
||No. of Questions
||No. of Marks
|History & Freedom Movement
NDA Syllabus for Physics – Topics
- Physical Properties and States of Matter
- Modes of transference of Heat
- Mass, Weight, Volume, Sound waves, and their properties
- Simple musical instruments
- Rectilinear propagation of Light
- Density and Specific Gravity
- Reflection and refraction
- Principle of Archimedes
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses
- Pressure Barometer
- Human Eye
- Motion of objects
- Natural and Artificial Magnets
- Velocity and Acceleration
- Properties of a Magnet
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Earth as a Magnet
- Force and Momentum
- Static and Current Electricity
- Parallelogram of Forces
- Conductors and Non-conductors
- Stability and Equilibrium of bodies
- Ohm’s Law
- Simple Electrical Circuits
- Elementary ideas of work
- Heating, Lighting, and Magnetic effects of Current
- Power and Energy
- Measurement of Electrical Power
- Effects of Heat
- Primary and Secondary Cells
- Measurement of Temperature and Heat
- Use of X-Rays
- General Principles in the working of Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightning Conductors, Safety Fuses.
NDA Syllabus for Chemistry – Topics
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Carbon Dioxide,
- Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids, bases, and salts.
- Carbon— different forms
- Physical and Chemical Changes
- Fertilizers—Natural and Artificial
- The material used in the preparation of substances like Soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gunpowder
- Mixtures and Compounds
- Elementary ideas about the structure of Atom
- Symbols, Formulae, and simple Chemical Equation
- Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights
- Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems)
- Properties of Air and Water
NDA Syllabus For General Science – Topics
- Common Epidemics, their causes, and prevention
- Difference between the living and non-living
- Food—Source of Energy for man
- Basis of Life—Cells, Protoplasms, and Tissues
- Constituents of food
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Balanced Diet
- Elementary knowledge of the Human Body and its important organs
- The Solar System—Meteors and Comets, Eclipses. Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
NDA Syllabus For History, Freedom Movement – Topics
- Forces shaping the modern world;
- Exploration and Discovery;
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation
- Freedom Movement in India
- French Revolution, Industrial Revolution, and Russian Revolution
- War of American Independence,
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration
- Concept of one World
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India
- United Nations,
- Panchayati Raj, Democracy, Socialism, and Communism
- Role of India in the present world
- Co-operatives and Community Development
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya,
- National Integration and Welfare State
- Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi
NDA Syllabus For Geography – Topics
- The Earth, its shape and size
- Ocean Currents and Tides Atmosphere and its composition
- Latitudes and Longitudes
- Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, Cyclones, and Anticyclones;
- Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation
- Concept of time
- Types of Climate
- International Date Line
- Major Natural Regions of the World
- Movements on Earth and their effects
- Regional Geography of India
- Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources;
- Location and distribution of agricultural and Industrial activities
- Origin of Earth. Rocks and their classification
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land, and air routes of India
- Weathering—Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and Volcanoes
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
NDA Syllabus For Current Events
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in recent years
- Prominent personalities of both Indian and International level
- Cultural activities and sports activities
- Current important world events.
NDA SSB Personality Test
- Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR)
- Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT).
- Interview (IO)
- Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO)
- Psychology Tests (Psych)
NDA 2022 Syllabus PDF Download
|UPSC NDA Syllabus 2022 – Important Link
|To Download NDA 2022 Syllabus and Exam Pattern