“Eat the greens” is what our parents told us from a young age. Vegetables are packed with vitamins and minerals that contribute to overall well-being. But don’t we all struggle with eating our vegetables successfully? Well, Chef Kunal Kapoor is here with the solution. Sharing a recipe from her life’s cookbook, the star chef put herbs to good use. What makes? A delicious bowl of Jhalfrezi. According to the chef, Jhalfrezi is one recipe you will find on every table in India. This dish is versatile and can be made from seasonal vegetables.
How to Veg Jalfrezi – Recipe By Chef Kunal Kapur-
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cumin – 2 tsp
Onion (chopped) – half a cup
Ginger (chopped) – 1 tbsp
Garlic (chopped) – 1 tbsp
Green Chillies (cracked and deseeded) – 3 no
Tomatoes, (chopped) – 1 cup
Tomatoes (fresh puree) – half a cup
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – medium tsp
Kashmiri Chilli powder – medium tbsp
Coriander powder – half tbsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
Gobi (flowers) – half a cup
Green beans (julienne) – half a cup
Let it be pain (julienne) – half a cup
Cabbage (chopped) – 1 cup
Green capsicum – a quarter
Yellow pepper (julienne) – a quarter
Red pepper (julienne) – a quarter
Coriander (chopped) – handful
Paneer (fingers) – 100 gm
Green Chillies (cracked) – 2 no
Onion (chopped) – a quarter cup
Lemon Juice – medium tbsp
- Heat a pan (metal) with desi ghee. Add cumin seeds and diced onions. stir fry
- Add ginger and garlic. Give it a quick stir and make sure the onions don’t brown. For a spicy flavor pop in some green chillies.
- Then throw in the diced tomatoes and follow the puree. Sprinkle salt to taste. Add the turmeric, red chili, coriander, cumin, and garam masala powder to the mix. Mix and give.
- When the tomatoes are cooked and the masala is ready, it’s time to add your vegetables, beans, carrots, and cabbage. In case you add cauliflower, make sure you add it first and cook it well before adding the other vegetables.
- Add water, lower the flame and cover the vessel with a lid. Leave the vegetables as cooked.
- Increase the flame and add capsicum, paneer, chopped coriander leaves and onion. stalks of lemon Sprinkle some salt and give him a wake up call – pick it up and drop it.
And your bowl of delicious Jhalfrezi is ready to be savored. Happy weekend, everyone!
#Weekend #Special #ChefSpecial #Jhalfrezi #Recipe #Boring #Veggies #Taste #Delicious