What Is BMS(Bachelor of Management Studies)?
Bachelor of Management Studies, or BMS, is the full name of the undergraduate degree programme in management. Many management institutes throughout the world offer a 3-year degree programme called the BMS. Six semesters are required for the bachelor of management degree. Students who have completed their Class 12th in the Arts, Sciences, or Commerce are eligible to apply for admission to BMS.
How a business is run and operated is taught to students in bachelor of management studies courses. Depending on the institution, the BMS degree fee ranges from Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 6 lakhs. After earning a BMS degree, there are several well-liked employment opportunities available in the corporate, banking, and financial sectors. In the world of management, organising and problem-solving abilities are invaluable.
An Overview of the BMS degree
- Course name- BMS, or Bachelor of Management Studies
- Duration- 3-year period
- Eligibility- passed 12th grade with a minimum of 50% to 60%.
- College degree- collegiate level
- Course format- Management Training
- Enrollment procedure- through entrance tests and direct admission on the basis of merit
- BMS costs- 30000 to 6 lakh rupees
- Entrance tests for BMS- St. Xavier’s BMS entrance Test, MUCMET, and DU JAT
- Careers after BMS- Manager of human resources, manager of business development, business consultants, academician or educator, and business analyst
- Anticipated Salary- 2 to 8 lakh rupees
- Bachelor of Management Studies is the entire name of the degree programme, and different institutions may have different requirements for admission.
- The student must have passed the CBSE or another recognised board’s board exams for the 12th grade.
- Students from the science, business, and arts streams may apply for admission to BMS. Students from the commercial stream, however, might be given preference over those from other streams.
- According to the institutions, the minimal scores for the 12th class exams can range from 50% to 60%.
Admissions to BMS
- Bachelor of Management Studies, or BMS, is the full name of the degree programme, which is offered in a number of public and private colleges and universities. While some of them offer direct admission based on merit, others have BMS entrance tests. Exams for management are listed on the Indian website. Students’ marks from their 12th grade are taken into account for straight BMS admissions. The number of open seats determines the cutoff scores and merit lists.
- The BMS charge is a variable element that might be anywhere from Rs. 30000 to Rs. 6 lakh. Depending on an institution’s location, type, status, and rating, the cost of a BMS degree may change. Therefore, before submitting an application for admission to a Bachelor of Management Studies programme, students should review the cost structure of a certain college. Compared to private institutions, government colleges have lower tuition costs.
Leading BMS Exams
- BMS programmes are available through Delhi University, Mumbai University, and St. Xavier’s colleges, all of which hold their own entrance examinations to admit qualified applicants. The application and exam dates, as well as some other information, are listed below for these admission exams.
Top Tests for Admission to BMS
Name of entrance exam- DU JAT
Date of Application Start- April third-week period
Test Date- Beginning of June
Entrance exam for St. Xavier’s- BMSMUCMET
What is an MBA earned online?
A two-year master’s degree in business administration known as an online MBA integrates online coursework in all business and management-related fields. Students can engage in online MBA courses and apply to the top online MBA programmes offered in India from the comfort of their own homes. Online MBA programmes are advantageous for working people since they allow them to attend sessions frequently without having to miss important due dates for their work.
What are the scopes of BMS?
Candidates with a BMS are in high demand all around the world, notably in the banking, financial, and human resource industries. Each business needs a few individuals to oversee its resources and develop the business strategies that will bring in money.
The demand for BMS candidates is significant in the following industries/fields:
- Business management
- HR administration
- Marketing and sales
- Business advisory services
- Financial administration
Opportunities for Careers After BMS
- Marketing Director
- Manager of Human Resources
- Manager of Business Development
- Business Advisors
Benefits of BMS
Since BMS is a professional degree programme, it has a significantly higher standard of instruction than other management programmes.
A BMS degree is quite comparable to a BBA. Although the disciplines are essentially the same, a BBA degree costs an average of Rs. 1.5 lakh but a BMS degree costs an average of Rs. 75,000.
A BMS course offers the chance to better comprehend and learn about the business and management world.
Along with better compensation, a BMS degree also offers improved employment opportunities.